Beach proposals are becoming more and more popular, and it's easy to see why. The sand, the waves, and the sunset create a romantic and perfect backdrop for you if you want a public proposal. But what about the proposal itself? How can you make sure your beach proposal is extra special?
You can do that by focusing on your beach proposal decorations and activities. The below outdoor proposal ideas range from complex to simple proposal ideas. They are really cute options that can be pulled off by both men and women. And the best part about most of these cute proposal ideas is that they're very affordable options!
1. Make a message in a bottle and put it in the sand for your partner to find.
2. Write a heartfelt, special message in the sand with a stick or your finger.
3. Place shells or rocks in the shape of a heart on the beach with your ring in a treasure chest.
4. Stick photos of the two of you in the sand for her to find and dig out. Hide the ring beneath the sand and pop the engagement question once they find it.
5. Have a beach picnic with your favorite foods. Find the most comfortable, perfect spot you can find and propose after or during your meal.
6. Bury a box with a ring inside in the sand for your partner to dig up.
7. Get a group of friends to spell out a beautiful proposal message on the beach. Make the message something truly unique and special to the two of you.
8. Host a surprise party on the beach with your friends and turn it into an engagement party midway through. Blast your favorite songs and favorite artists until you find your perfect moment. Consider adding a special song you two share to play as you ask for their hand in marriage.
9. Have a sunrise or sunset beach proposal near the crashing ocean waves. Gaze out into the sunset or sunrise with your partner and make your proposal.
10. Scatter rose petals along the sand leading up to where you'll be popping the question.
Whatever you do, make sure you have a backup plan in case of bad weather. Nobody wants their dream beach proposal ruined by a little rain. Obviously, planning for every little thing can be daunting, which is why lots of people are getting their engagement photographers to help them out.