Wedding rings are a symbol of eternal love and commitment. The wedding ring has a rich history and while the design of wedding rings has evolved throughout the years, the tradition and symbolism has stayed the same. One of the big traditions associated with the wedding ring is an engraving. Adding an engraving to your wedding band is a very common thing to do and makes your ring extra special. An engraving is one of the easiest ways to personalize your ring and most jewelers are capable of engraving your ring. Ring engravings can be a way to commemorate a special time/moment in your relationship with your partner. It is important to take the time to find the perfect engraving for you, because most ring engravings are permanent and cannot be removed. If you are unsure of what to engrave on your wedding band, this blog post will surely help you out. Keep on reading for a bunch of ideas to figure out the perfect wedding ring engraving for you!
These short phrases are both romantic and sweet and make for great wedding ring inscriptions. When choosing a romantic phrase, you should think about something you say to your partner often or something that captures your relationship perfectly. You can also consider engraving your wedding band in one of the romance languages such as French, Italian, and Latin. Below are some of our favorite romantic phrases that you can use.
- I love you
- My love
- To infinity and beyond
- My soulmate
- Forever Yours
- Love conquers all
- My one true love
- Worth the wait
- To the moon and back
- Forever love
- One love
- Written in the stars
- Amore (Love)
- Mon coeur est a vous (My heart is yours)
- Je t'aime (I love you)
- Semper fidelis (always faithful)
- Semper amemus (Our love is forever)
Conventional Engravings (Names, Initials, Dates)
Engraving your ring with your partners names or initials is an easy way to make it extra personal. Initials are great because of how simple it is and you can even separate your two initials with an "&" or heart and infinity symbols. If you and your significant others have cute nicknames or pet names for each other, it would make for a sentimental engraving. You can also engrave your ring with a significant date such as your wedding date or first date. There are many combinations of names, initials, and dates that you can play around with until you find the perfect one for you!
The bible provides wonderful verses about love and also happen to make for great ring engravings. Below are some great bible verses you can engrave on the inside of your ring.
- 1 Corinthians 16:14 - Do everything in love
- 1 Corinthians 13:13 - And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
- Song of Solomon 2:16 - I am my beloved’s, and my beloved is mine.
- Ephesians 4:2 - Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
- 1 Peter 4:8 - Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
- Romans 12:9 - Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
- Romans 13:8 - Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.
Other Sentimental Ideas
If the above ideas are too conventional and cliché for you, below are a couple fun ideas you can use to come up with a ring engraving that is perfect for you.
- Song lyrics - Do you remember the first song you danced to? The song played on your wedding day? Or you favorite song? Music artists certainly have a way with words and choosing a special lyric from a meaningful song makes for a great engraving.
- Inside joke - If your relationship is full of laughter and jokes, you can consider engraving your ring with an inside joke that nobody else would understand, making it extra personal.
Symbols and Images
Sometimes words are unable to describe your love for your significant other. Instead, you can think about engraving your ring with a special symbol or image, since a picture is worth a thousand words. This can get a little trickier as some jewelers and engravers are unable to engrave anything other than simple text. If you do find a jeweler who can engrave symbols and images, the two most common symbols to engrave are a heart and infinity symbol. A heart represents a universal sign for love whereas the infinity sign represents your never-ending love for someone.
How much does it cost for an engraving?
The cost for a ring engraving depends on the jeweler/engraver. They are relatively cheap and typically range from $25-$75. Engravings are offered usually at a flat rate or based on character quantity. There are a variety of ways to engrave rings from hand-etching to laser-etching. The former is a bit more limited in capabilities whereas the latter can be used for more complex engravings.
Shop For Wedding Bands and Engagement Rings
Patrick Adair Designs offers wedding ring engravings at an affordable price with a variety of customization options. We are committed to helping you find the perfect wedding band and can engrave pretty much any type of ring with any text/symbols you can imagine. Start shopping for your Wedding Band or Engagement Ring and contact us if you have any questions regarding your wedding ring engraving.