Using My Silver YouTube Play Button to Make a Ring

 Today I wanted to do something a little bit different and special. I now have a little over 500,000 subscribers on YouTube, so I wanted to create a special ring from my silver YouTube play button to help celebrate. I am going to be incorporating pieces and particles from my real silver play button, as well as some sterling silver, gold, and diamond pieces. I decided to use the silver, gold, and diamond pieces since these are the other play buttons I hope to get in the future. I wanted this ring to have a black and red theme for YouTube, so I decided to use a black base as well as a red pigment mixed with white glow powder.

This ring is going to glow white in the dark, be a nice red YouTube themed color, and have all of the real genuine ingredients that all of the YouTube play buttons have in them. So I think this ring is going to be really cool. I am excited to make it and see how it turns out. I think the color scheme is going to look really nice. Thank you so much to all of my 500,000 subscribers, it really does mean a lot to me that you follow and support what I do. We are also releasing a couple of these limited edition ring on the website, so go check them out! Now let's move on to the process.

The Process:

The first thing I had to do, was to carefully take my YouTube play button out of the case. I watched quite a few videos on how to do this, so I could do it with the least amount of damage as possible. Once I successfully removed the play button, I very carefully shaved some particles off the back of the button with my dremel.

Once I had the amount of play button particles that I needed, I moved on to mixing the materials. To do this, I measured out 20g of glow powder, 0.025g of red pigment, 0.1g of the play button, 0.15g of gold dust, 0.05g of silver dust, 0.5g of gold pieces, 0.5g of silver pieces, and 0.15g of diamonds. Once I have all of the particles mixed together in a vial, I moved on to laying it into the ring.

I first wrapped one of my expanding ring mandrel with electric tape, so that I did not scratch or crack my ceramic ring once I placed it on. After getting my ring base into place, I used a medium glue and an ultra-thin glue to keep the material in place as well and seep into any cracks and seal them up.

I first laid down a small about of my medium glue onto the ring and followed it with some of the material. I then covered the material with the ultra-thin glue. I repeated this step until the ring was fully covered and the thickness I wanted.

After filling in the ring, I then went through all of my grits of sandpaper until the material was flush with the ceramic edged of the ring. After this, I took the ring over to my buffing wheel and polished it up. The last thing I wanted to do was to etch “500k” into the inside of the ring. Now the ring was complete.

I think this ring turned out really cool. I now have something to celebrate reaching 500,000 subscribers, and hopefully more in the future. Don’t forget to check out these limited edition rings, and grab one before they are gone.



  • DANG


  • J

    Hey. Congratulations

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.