Now it was time to start sanding. I started by sanding away all the extra superconductor until the edges of the ring sat flush together. After this was over, I then started trimming everything down until it was the exact dimensions I wanted. One thing to note, because this is a composite material where we have the superconductor infused with the copper, you can have issues where the superconductor itself will smear into the copper. So, you want to be careful with the final passes you do with your bit. This is why I used a brand new very sharp bit. I then added bevoles to the ring with the angled side of my bit. The next thing I did, was sand down the inside of the ring. To do this, I started with a 220 grit and worked my way up to a 2000 grit. I did this to both the inside of the ring and the outside of the ring. I then polished the inside of the ring until it was a perfect mirror inside.