All About Platinum Jewelry
Are you in the market for a luxurious wedding band with a gorgeous luster? There are many options available in so many different colors/shades. The color silver exudes luxury due to its brilliant shine. Silver and tungsten carbide are great engagement and wedding ring options, but another popular material that you should definitely consider is platinum. Platinum is a shiny white metal that's a fantastic choice. It has low reactivity and is corrosion resistance, meaning it will be super easy to maintain as a lifelong wedding band. It's a scarce, expensive metal with a long and costly journey. In this article, we'll go over why platinum is great for making iconic engagement rings. We'll take a look at platinum jewelry facts, how to take care of it, and why it's such a great wedding and engagement ring option.
Platinum Jewelry Facts
1. Platinum is a precious metal that is malleable and has a high melting point. The cost of platinum is very expensive compared to other metals. Jewelers are able to use creative designs on handcrafted platinum jewelry with ease. A platinum pendant, ring, bracelet, and tiara are among the many forms this material can take. Platinum jewelry for men and women is a special gift that can last a lifetime.
2. Platinum jewelry doesn't tarnish but it does take on a patina and slight scratches as it ages. Scratches can be easily buffed and polished out.
3. Platinum is often mined in Africa, Canada, and South America. Africa has the largest activity for this material. The world's leading platinum producer is South Africa, where the metal comes in the form of many group elements.
4. Men's platinum jewelry isn't the most common and is more common for women. It is up there with the most expensive options for a wedding band or engagement ring.
5. Platinum is often used in diamond earrings, wedding rings, necklaces, hair accessories, and other jewelry.
6. People often choose platinum over silver due to its brilliant white shine. Customers love the lighter appeal of metals like white gold, platinum and silver. They're often mistaken for each other under certain lighting. For example, sterling silver is a malleable metal that looks white and shiny under certain conditions. But for the most part, silver has a greyer appearance and is cheaper.
7. Platinum is the perfect metal for people with skin allergies. It's a hypoallergenic metal that won't cause rashes.
8. For hundreds of years, people used it for jewelry and decorative objects. It wasn't until the early 1800s where chemists began to use it in a variety of industrial applications. Today, it's used for so much more in our daily lives, including jewelry.
Platinum Jewelry Care: Maintaining Your High-Grade Ring
Caring for your ring is a quick and simple set of steps. We mentioned that platinum is a low maintenance material, but you should take some precautions at the least. The majority of our rings can be cleaned with mild soap and a soft cloth. Wiping off dirt and keeping it free from harsh chemicals will help your ring last a lifetime. As long as you avoid hitting your ring against hard surfaces repeatedly, you're going to be able to reduce the appearance of scratches down the road.
Platinum jewelry care thankfully isn't rocket science! If you're not using your platinum jewelry, keeping it in a box or bag for later will keep it safe and protected. If it's a platinum wedding band from us, every one of our rings comes with a small black box that you can use to store your precious purchase.
Personalized Jewelry: Is A Platinum Jewelry Piece The Right Material For Me?
When you try to make any big purchase, you're going to have to consider a lot of different factors. You want something that is in your price range, that looks great, and is easy to own. Thankfully, a platinum ring is the right ring for you if you're looking for a low maintenance ring that's both beautiful and durable. Sure, the cost of buying is fairly high, but the cost of care isn't. The saying "You get what you pay for" is certainly the case when it comes to platinum jewellery. Platinum is one of the strongest metals, so it'll stand up to wear and tear better than other metals that you might own.
The Hyper Ring - Legends Edition: Our First Platinum Ring
Are you looking for a unique and stylish way to show off your personality through a bold statement piece? Do you love the white and polished exterior of a platinum ring? Do you appreciate authentic craftsmanship and collectable pieces? The Hyper Ring is our newest limited edition ring.
This limited edition band is an incredibly beautiful piece of work. It has an aluminum core sourced from an authentic and rare Bugatti Veyron wheel. Every inch of this platinum ring has been made with extreme precision and care. This piece of jewelry is lightweight and comfortable, perfect for every day wear.
If you love the bright white hues of platinum, you'll love this ring. It comes with a smooth and gorgeous exterior that'll hold a high polish. The awesome thing is that it's just as easy to take care of as other platinum rings. Carbon fiber linings also line the aluminum Bugatti wheel core. The aerospace carbon fiber accents highlight this ring's aggressive nature and masculine elegance with maximum impact!
Since the Hyper Ring is made with a scarce Bugatti wheel, product availability is low. We only have enough for a couple dozen at a time. The rare aluminum core combined with the premium look of platinum makes this one of a kind ring extremely special. One of the other unique things about the Hyper Ring collection is the packaging that comes with it.
Unlike our other rings, our Hyper Rings ship with a one-of-a-kind CNC machined case made from walnut and carbon fiber. The top of each case is set with 16 sterling silver pistons to resemble the iconic W16 engine in a Bugatti. We safely slot each Hyper Ring inside of these durable and dustproof protective cases to ensure maximum protection for our platinum ring. If you're buying this awesome ring for a significant other, opening the case alone is going to immortalize a beautiful memory for the both of you.
Is a Platinum Ring Right For You?
Now that you know key platinum jewelry facts, it's easy to see why platinum is so unique and coveted. It's a very rare metal and is seen as a valuable investment to pass down. Due to its rarity, its price makes it viewed as a premium purchase. Platinum is hypoallergenic, so it's ideal for people with sensitive skin. It also has a very elegant, white appearance that is perfect for any occasion. It's unlike any other metal available. Through platinum necklaces, rings, and other forms of jewelry, it has become a hallmark of modern jewelry with its versatility and history.
The custom possibilities are endless for your choice for wedding rings. Please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help! We'll be more than happy to weigh your options.