1) Choose a location for an outdoor fall wedding. You could have it take place at a public park or a family friend's backyard as a wedding favor. Having both the wedding party and ceremony in one area can really take advantage of your outdoor environment. You should ideally have a location that showcases the autumn months and their beautiful colors. A backyard wedding is also a great way to stay in control of everything timewise. You aren't hindered by the availability of a venue.
2) Pick a morning wedding where you can host a morning or brunch wedding. Having an afternoon or evening wedding costs a lot more due to difficult scheduling. Most people try having their autumn wedding in the afternoon, while a wedding dinner is also much more likely. Mornings are the perfect time to schedule your ceremony and feast.
3) Use fall wedding flowers for table décor to highlight the style and colors of your wedding. If you want a maple leaf styled wedding, be sure to have them on the floor, tables, and other areas of your venue.
4) Decorate your venue with mason jars containing the season's flowers and other wedding theme colors. Glass jars might seem basic, but they can act as beautiful decorations. They also pair well with beautiful fall flowers and other floral arrangements.
5) Add pumpkins to your tables as cute centerpieces for guests to admire during meals. You can further add them throughout your venue. Place them in your wedding aisle or around your dance floor. By adding more orange to your wedding, you'll highlight your event's rustic theme and create an elegant wedding backdrop that'll look perfect in photos.
6) Illuminate areas of your wedding reception with orange LED tea lights and fall-themed candles to add to the atmosphere.
7) Provide rustic fall wedding foods that're simple and comforting. A lot of people go for berry pies, pretzels, and colorful and fresh vegetables. You don't have to make incredibly fancy dishes from a Michelin star chef! Basic potato salads, apple pies, and other fall-themed foods work perfectly in wedding feasts. Be sure to add plenty of pumpkin related meals and warm drinks to really get the right fall wedding look. A snack bar full of freshly baked or harvested foods will pair well with the rustic fall wedding décor around you.
8) Switch out traditional wedding dresses with a floral dress design. For bridesmaids dresses, you can pair them well with your dress code and show off your rustic wedding theme. Dresses covered with fallen leaves or autumn colors can add to your wedding's atmosphere.
9) Decorate the hallways or yard with custom wood ornaments. You could have wooden leaves, pine cones, or even sparkly lights to look like fairy lights.
10) Aim for a crown of autumn flowers with fallen leaves, little pumpkins, or any other autumn-themed accessories. You could give these to all your bridesmaids, or your wedding guests can have them in little goodie bags as souvenirs.