Tungsten, or tungsten carbide, is durable and affordable, making it a terrific metal for a men's wedding band. Our tungsten rings take form in our Glowstone Series and are handmade, made to order. At Patrick Adair Designs, you are guaranteed to find a one-of-a-kind tungsten wedding band.
What is a Tungsten Ring?
Tungsten carbide is a common material containing tungsten and carbon atoms. In its natural state, a compound of tungsten is a silver-white metal with a Mohs hardness of 7.5. It is often mistaken for a polished stainless steel ring.
Tungsten carbide is twice as hard as titanium and three times harder than steel. A tungsten wedding band will keep its polished finish for a lifetime with minimal care. Tungsten carbide is a popular material if you want a hefty ring with many design and inlay options.
Benefits of Tungsten Carbide Wedding Rings
1) Tungsten is an incredibly tough and durable material and are ideal for everyday wear and tear. If you should ever drop your tungsten ring, it's highly unlikely that it'll get damaged. Tungsten is a dense metal and will last a lifetime.
2) They require very little maintenance compared to alternative metals. You won’t need to have it polished or cleaned frequently like you would with other metals. A quick wipe with a damp cloth is usually all that’s needed to keep your ring looking like new.
3) Tungsten rings are hypoallergenic. This means that it won't discolor your finger or cause any allergic reactions. This is great news if you have metal allergies to other precious metals.
4) A tungsten comfort fit band is corrosion resistant. You should still avoid harsh chemicals if you want your comfort fit wedding band to last.
5) Tungsten rings can come in many colors. Black tungsten, white tungsten, and a plated gold tungsten ring are all possible. However, we do recommend against a black tungsten ring or any plated ring for that matter.
Is a Tungsten Ring Right For You?
Tungsten bands are quickly becoming one of the most popular choices for wedding bands. If you’re considering a tungsten carbide ring for your big day and you still aren't convinced after seeing all the benefits it has to offer, then consider this: Your marriage is going to last a lifetime. If you want a wedding ring that'll last just as long, then a tungsten wedding band is the perfect sentimental jewelry piece for you.